Vision is one of our biggest assets. This is the reason that it is imperative to take good care of your eyes. In order to keep your eyes healthy, and your vision correct, here are some tips:
One of the most trustworthy methods of eye care is to practice palming. Here is how it works:
- Cover your eyes with the palm of your hands
- Cross the fingers of one hand over those of the other hand while keeping them on the forehead
- Don’t apply pressure on the eyelids
With time you will start to feel intense blackness that reflects a state of relaxation for the body and your eyes. The key here is to not try hard to concentrate on the darkness, let it come naturally while keeping your body relaxed.
We all do blink, right? But we are talking about controlling the blinking frequency here. It can work wonders for the health of your eyes. Frequent blinking lets you:
- Lubricate the eye lens (is of utmost importance)
- Cleanse the eye with fluids and teary secretions
- Relaxes the eye muscles
So, whenever you are doing some office work or any stressful activity, don’t forget to blink!!
Another simple, yet smart technique to take good care of your eyes is to roll them. You can begin by rolling up your eyes. Here are some tricks you can follow:
- Look up to start
- Slowly circle to rotate the eyeballs in clockwise direction
- Then shift to moving them counter-clockwise
This simple exercise can help you to give your eye lenses the exercise they need to work well.
The last exercise that we have on the list here is that of focusing. Here are some simple tricks that you can follow:
- Begin with holding a pen at an arm’s length
- Try to focus on it
- Bring the pen closer, until it is about half a foot away from the nose
- Slowly take it back
- All the while keep your focus on the pen
Do this at least 10 times and you will have given your eyes the perfect workout to keep them in good health.
Apart from these exercises, the most important step is to give them proper rest. Don’t forget that your eyes, if not taken care of properly, can get damaged quite easily. Keep in mind that we are lucky enough to have access to basic health and eye care. Think of those people living in less economically advanced countries around the world who don’t have access to basic healthcare.
Organizations like the Give Me Sight Foundation help people with their eye care, but there is a lot that needs to be done more. If you want to donate to our cause, click here.
So, do take good care of your eyes and inspire others to do the same as well!